The Practice provides services locally in Sudan and has also expanded the scope of services to Egypt through an association with the prestigious firm of Shahid Law Firm*
The Practice is focused on law fields that are moving and is always ready to provide services to clients in the following specialties:
IP & TRADEMARKS
The Practitioner handles all aspects of client’s trademark portfolio, including:
• Providing pre-registration advice on the choice of marks.
• Conducting searches to determine the availability of trademarks for registration and use.
• Filing new trademark applications and prosecuting them till registration.
• Renewal and maintenance of trademarks.
• Recordals related to trademark rights such as assignment and licensing, or amendment in trademark owner details such as mergers, change of name or address, etc.
• Oppositions, cancellation and invalidation proceedings.
The Practitioner also advises on IP aspects of commercial contracts including, use of IP, trade secrets, data protection, licensing, copyrights, confidentiality and unfair competition.
CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL
The Solo Practitioner and associated lawyers have years of experience advising clients on appropriate corporate entity, advising directors and officers on matters of liability and compliance, dealing with issues relating to commercial agency and distributorship, supply agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, advertising agreements, lease agreements, terms and conditions of sale/ purchase, maintenance and service agreements, company board secretarial services.
LEGAL TRANSLATION & BILINGUAL DRAFTING
The multi-skilled Practitioner has obtained academic qualification in translation and has extensive experience in translating and bilingual drafting (Arabic & English) of various types of legal documents, ranging from powers of attorney and company constitutive documents to commercial contracts, court judgments and written submissions.